Wednesday, May 16, 2018

We are nearing the midway point for the Ellie and Mac blog hop






I am fortunate to be joining a group of serious sewing bloggers as they show you summer patterns from Ellie and Mac. As one who likes to put my usual spin on things I decided that the dolls in the house need to get ready for summer too. My next door neighbour's grand-daughter was kind enough to loan me her 18" doll (briefly I might add) so that I could make my interpretation of the Simply Sweet Doll Top.


The first problem I encountered was a lack of knit fabrics in my stash. And as someone who does very limited online shopping and has absolutely no shop within a two hour drive that sells appropriate knits I switched to a woven and mildly altered the pattern. A bit about the pattern first. It is fantastic. If you are just starting out the detail in the instruction is wonderful. This pattern could be tackled by a beginner as the instructions are so well laid out and so clearly illustrated.

The pattern is lengthy but well worth it in the detail it provides. I made the top only as the doll's owner was anxious for her return. If you are able to use a knit fabric then the top or the dress will fit over the doll's head. A woven will not stretch enough to do that so I cut it up the back and added a velcro closing.
So here she is for her stylized photos. Long pants and boots because it is tick season but a lovely comfortable sleeveless top. I love that just like her owner the doll wears glasses.

I hope as you visit the other bloggers on this blog hop that you will get all kinds of great new ideas for summer sewing. Be sure to visit the other bloggers who have made interpretations of Ellie and Mac designs to help you get ready for summer sewing. The list below identifies my fellow bloggers and their date on the blog hop.


  1. May 7th: Seams Sew Lo
  2. May 8th: Tenille's Thread
  3. May 9th: Seams Sew Lo
  4. May 10th: The Sewing Goatherd
  5. May 11th: Aurora Designs Fabrics
  6. May 14th: Our Play Place
  7. May 15th: Sewjourns
  8. May 16th: Aurora Designs Fabric
  9. May 17th: QuiltsbyJoann
  10. May 18th: Liviality
  11. May 19th: Momma You Can Make It
  12. May 21st: Margarita on the Ross
  13. May 22nd: Sewing Blue
  14. May 23rd: Kathy's Kwilts and More
  15. May 24th: Momma Newey's Makes
  16. May 25th: Jot Designs USA
  17. May 28th: The Scatty Sewer
  18. May 29th: Granma Texas Sews
  19. May 30th: Fee Bricolo
  20. May 31st: My Sewing Roots
Piecefully, Joanne

2 comments: