Tuesday, March 19, 2019

"Day 7 Lines 7" for the Alison Glass Trinket Sew Along

The Trinket Sew Along is progressing well with many participants from around the globe. That is one thing I certainly enjoy about these type of events. Seeing for instance an Aussie's take on something I am doing here in southern Ontario.

Today's block is Lines 7
I have had little difficulty keeping up. As I may have mentioned it is taking me longer to pick my fabric than to stitch the blocks.

The larger blocks are the actual size for the sew along and the smaller one I reduced to 40% on my printer. I had to play with that a bit so don't take that as a given for your printer. The smaller block is currently 2 1/8" unfinished.

My paper piecing tip of the day is this
You may wonder what in the world. It is a heavy book and a glue stick. As I finish a block component I flatten it under a heavy book. I happen to have a couple of copies of SciencePower 8 as I was the author of the Teacher's Manual for one section of this grade 8 text book. When I am ready to assemble a multisection project the components as definitely smooth and flat. The glue stick I use sparingly when I have a long section at the end of a component. These Trinket blocks do not have any long sections but sometimes on a larger piece you get an untethered piece and the glue stick keeps the paper and the fabric together.

Please remember that Darla of Clinton Modern Creative (here) is a shop sponsor for this sew along this week. She is offering a 15% discount at the check out for any in stock merchandise this week just use the code TRINKET15.

Back tomorrow with another tip and Lines #8. Piecefully, Joanne  

No comments:

Post a Comment