Friday, March 22, 2019

Day 10 and a recap of this week

I had a few too many appointments  yesterday and didn't get a photo up for Lines #9.

A final couple of tips to add to the mix. Make certain you have the best possible light to work in. My hubby bought me a natural light desk lamp when I retired. I was a wee bit disappointed as I thought he was getting an Ott lamp but this natural light has turned out to be a blessing. Colours look real, there is no glare, I in fact have grown fairly rapidly to love it. It can be taken to retreats but I now have a smaller Ott lamp for that purpose. Daylight is not really enough.

And Lines #10. This is that last of the Lines section of the pattern. Next week we move onto Shapes. As you move through each "chapter" the blocks become a little more challenging.
These blocks are all foundation paper pieced. There is special paper that can be purchased for paper piecing. But it is fairly expensive and not all printers love to feed it through. So I use regular printer paper. I have used both and while the special paper is easier to remove when it is time for paper removal the standard printer paper causes no difficulties.

This is the end of my week supporting Darla at Clinton Modern Creative (here). She has been an official shop sponsor of the Sew Along this week. Remember that she is offering a 15% discount on instock merchandise for the rest of the week. Just enter TRINKET15 when you checkout.
Next week another Canadian blogger will take over to show her work and support Darla. I will pop in but perhaps not as often. Thank you Darla for allowing me to participate as a blogger for you for this Sew Along. Piecefully, Joanne

5 comments: