Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Today is the day for the final installment for the Clementine Quilt Along

The final steps are posted for the Clementine Quilt Along today. Visit the Fat Quarter Shop's blog (here)  and for a voluntary donation you can download the finishing instructions. Just to give you a heads up the smaller blocks need to grown to match the larger blocks. They have a clever way of doing this that involved two steps but is quite effective. The difference between my background and the accent is slight so you may not identify it with my photography skills. You will be making a square in a square and then snowballing that block. The exact measurements are in the download so no spoiler alerts on that information.
And for my big reveal here is my Clementine top. Yes I said top. Not quilted yet. Sadly my go to long arm quilter is battling some serious health issues at this time and is not doing anything much beyond trips to the hospital for tests. I am praying for good news for her. And the other spoiler alert, this is a large quilt. Hubby is too short to hold this one up for a good photo so the clothesline was called to duty.
This is a beautiful quilt and I hope to find some way to get it finished soon. For those who are following along I trust you have enjoyed the process and will be making your own Clementine Quilt. This charitable initiative on the part of the Fat Quarter Shop has produced a significant donation for St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital.
I have been honoured to be part of the Fat Quarter Shop's Quilt Along group.
Piecefully, Joanne


No comments:

Post a Comment