Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Sew Scraps Along a new scrap quilt along

Pleasant Home is having another Sew Scraps Along. She is featuring inspirational posts and tutorials. Today was the first tutorial. What a scrap buster! I am looking forward to what else she has instore. I spent a few hours yesterday taming my red scraps. Well not all my red scraps but a laundry baskets worth. I soaked them first and then set some of the "bleeders" with salt. Then lightly dried them, pressed them all and then cut them into 5" strips, 2 1/2" strips, 1 1/2" strips and a few 2" strips. I want to make a scrappy red and white Jacob's Ladder and that will use the 5" and the 2 1/2" strips. I might do another mini lasagna with the 1 1/2" or save them until I have another colour to put with them. Joanne

No comments:

Post a Comment