Tuesday, July 30, 2019

August; The colour challenge continues

I hope you have been keeping up with Jen and the colour challenge.

This month we are onto red orange in both light and dark forms. Picture a beautiful marigold if you are having difficulty imagining the colours.

Not a colour that I gravitate to but I think I found some pieces that are close to the requirements. I will say at this time it took me longer to find fabric in the colours I thought were correct, than it did to stitch up the block.

Without further ado here are my "arty" photos of my block with some flowers from the garden.

The first flower is one we call Red Hot Poker. As the non-flower person in our house I could not tell you if that is the correct name or not. But the oranges seemed correct.

And some daylilies. The sun was reflecting through the trees and giving me some lighter lights on the quilt block.

I know Jen is working on a setting for the blocks, so take the few moments to make up your block and then come back next month for September.

Be sure to visit Jen at www.patternsbyjen.blogspot.com to get your free pattern.

And while you are visiting her check out the other quilters who are supporting her this month with their version of the August block.
Kathy - Penny for my Thoughts
Pamela - Pamela Quilts
Sarah - The Quilted Diary

Until next time, piecefully, Joanne

1 comment:

  1. Looks great. I'm going to try to make this tonight and actually stay on top of things for a change LOL

    ReplyDelete