Friday, December 7, 2012

The Giving Quilt by Jennifer Chiaverini...some thoughts

I finished reading Jennifer Chiaverini's latest Elm Creek book last evening. If you like her books you will more than likely enjoy this one. It is rather like spending time with some old friends. As often happens a week at Quilt Camp is happening and the stories of some of the participants are told. This week at Quilt Camp is a special one. It is the last camp of the season and is called Quiltsgiving. It takes place the week after American Thanksgiving. Each participant makes a Project Linus quilt to donate during the week long camp. The instructions for the quilt are verbalized throughout the story. The actual quilt directions can be found at here. Since the Kincardine Sunset Quilt Guild gives to Project Linus I found the stories of why the participants were at camp interesting and it got me thinking about why I make quilts for the cause. I suspect there are as many reasons as there are quilters. I know that I enjoy the creative process and when I was recovering from my cancer surgery and was given a quilt it meant the world to me that my friends would get together and make me a quilt. Piecefully, Joanne

No comments:

Post a Comment