Friday, November 22, 2013

Welcome blogathon visitors

Welcome Blogathon visitors. I hope you have enjoyed your cross Canada experiences this week. My name is Joanne and I live on the shores of Lake Huron. I am posting this Friday night as we are in a snow squall warning and I am not certain we will have power tomorrow morning. These three quilts were finishes for this week. They will all go to my local Scrapbag Quilters group next Wednesday. They are ready to find new homes. The scrappy one was done as a mystery with the on-line group One Stitch at a Time. I must say I have forgotten just how many years ago. It finally got the binding done and the label on. The bottom two quilts are doll quilts. We donate them to the toy drive. The white with rainbow strips was a variation of a doll quilt pattern I saw on Lyn Brown's web site last year. The other one was made using the bits that were left and stretching them to doll quilt size.
These quilts represent my style. I primarily make scrappy quilts and I am known for using up the last tiny bits of fabric. From time to time I think I would like to be a Modern Quilter but my stash doesn't contain a large number of solids. I suspect that isn't the only reason I can't call myself Modern but I will stick with that. Don't forget to go back to Jackie's (here) to link up with other Ontario Quilters. Piecefully, Joanne

7 comments:

  1. it may have taken a while, but you scrap quilt is beautiful and will be well loved and appreciated by someone. Your little doll quilts are very cute and do have a modern flair to them. (visiting from BC via Jackie and Blogathon Canada)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bright colours you use. I like scrap quilts as well and make mostly that kind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your quilts are lovely. I don't think you have to use plain fabrics to be modern, in fact, aren't solids what were in use a lot in the 20's and a bit later. Then wouldn't be thought of as modern. Otherwise, the antique quilt in my closet would be 'modern'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping in from Kitchener. Love all three of your finishes. Very nice quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilts look great, especially the first one! I do love a good scrappy quilt! :0)

    ReplyDelete