Saturday, November 16, 2013

Now that the Quiltmaker 100 Blocks Blog Hop is Complete

I will show you the quilt I made from the blocks I tested. It is a simple nine patch setting. The fabric line is Feathered Friends from Northcott Fabrics. It had a number of directional prints and that required some thinking when I put the blocks together. I ended up quilting it myself on my 60+ year old Bernina because the person I had asked to machine quilt it could not do it when the time came to get it done. So I worried that my quilting on a domestic machine would not be up to current standards. But I think there are still a few of us out there who use our domestic machines for our own quilting.
I found the testing exercise a tremendous challenge and when asked, said I would love to stay on for volume 9. The testing has in fact started for that volume. All I can say is there are a whole lot of talented designers out there and I for one am happy to see Quiltmaker magazine giving so many of them the opportunity to shine. Piecefully, Joanne

1 comment:

  1. Very nice Joanne, good for you for taking it on. The process would be waaay out of my comfort zone.I love the colours. And I bet you loved making the upper left one.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete