Friday, November 15, 2013

The time of year for doll quilts

Or perhaps I should have said the time of year to finish doll quilts. I am not in any exchanges so the doll quilts that I make go to the local toy drive. The three pictured are the start for this year. The blue and green one has some of Mary from Kincardine's left overs added to some other scraps. I was able to get 8 windmill blocks and then added other pieces to make it a reasonable size. The middle one is made up of my tiny bricks in pastel colours. The one on the right has been languishing forever. It was the waste (or bonus) triangles from a mystery quilt made several years ago. I am trying to get some control back in my sewing room so every bit that gets finished and out of there is a good thing.
I hope everyone has enjoyed the Quiltmaker 100 blocks blog hop this week. The quilt I made of my tested blocks is in the magazine. I will post a picture in a post tomorrow. Piecefully, Joanne

1 comment:

  1. I adore your doll quilts! They are perfect for using up those left overs. I didn't get to visit all the block designer sites (life is busy), but I have been to Quilty Pleasure site each day and I always enjoy these issues. If I don't win one I most certainly make sure I buy one - great resources.

    ReplyDelete