Thursday, November 21, 2013

Brown can be beautiful

In February this year I cut up just over 2000 brown and gold bricks for my turn at Scrapbag Quilters. I finally got my project completed from that day. There was a lot of grumbling about the brown but I was trying for guy quilts that were larger. And in that aspect I made my target. My quilt is just a lap size quilt but it should keep someone warm. Our Scrapbag group meets next week and we will be tying a few quilts that day and celebrating the season at lunch time. Piecefully, Joanne

9 comments:

  1. That just looks so rich in the brown pallet. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Joanne...it looks fantastic! What to grumble about with that rich chocolatey brown... yum!
    Are you doing the new Quiltville mystery this week?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great brown quilt. the colours of brown are so rich and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It can be hard to come up with good "man" quilts. Your looks like it will be perfect for that role.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lot of pieces! Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is a lovely lap quilt and the browns are nice and cozy looking, Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not usually a brown fabric person. (Love blue quilts.) However, the browns in this quilt are so rich and beautiful. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a brown lover so I think your quilt is awesome!

    ReplyDelete