Sunday, October 5, 2014

Sometimes Lightening Strikes Twice

This beautiful display of fabric is the new Tidal Lace line for Windham textiles, coming to a quilt shop near you in January 2015. Why you might ask is it in a photo on my blog??? Well I was, for the second time, allowed the opportunity to make a mini quilt for their display booth at Quilt Market. My little mini is almost ready to leave home. FedEx is coming tomorrow to pick it up. The fabric is wonderful to work with and the design is stunning. If you check Windham's web site you will see that there are 17 fabrics in the line. I got a fat quarter of each piece. The challenge was to make an 18" square quilt that showcased the fabric. Once my little quilt has had it's debut at Quilt Market then I will post a picture.
I am now trying to pack for a few days away with the girls for a little sewing time. I probably have enough projects to work on for a two week retreat and not just four days. but it is always better to have something in reserve. Sadly I will miss the Kincardine Sunset Quilters meeting for the second month in a row.
The physiotherapy is helping my knee and that's a good thing.
Have a great week. Piecefully, Joanne

No comments:

Post a Comment