Thursday, October 16, 2014

It's a wonder I got anything done last week

This is the view looking at the home we worked at last week. Our group got one of those perfect fall weeks. We gathered on Monday and sewed until Thursday. Lots of UFO tackling, charity quilt assembling and a couple of applique projects. The floor to ceiling design wall got a work out too. Each one of us was assigned a meal. I took Turkey Vegetable soup and Flax Seed bread and made an apple crisp for dessert. Three of us thought apple crisp was a good idea. It reminded us of the year everyone brought bananas. Our group has been meeting for 25 years now. So wonderful to have girlfriends.
On Friday I packed up my car and drove a short distance down the road to St. Mary's and enjoyed a day playing with Kaffe Fassett, Brandon Mabley and a whole lot of colour. My personal jury is out regarding my project but the end of the day critique of each project that Kaffe did was worth the price of admission.
This week has included some stash enhancement, sadly due to the impending closure of two nearby quilt shops. And tidying up after Thanksgiving. Still working on left overs despite the kids taking some home. Piecefully, Joanne

1 comment:

  1. Apple crisp certainly is a desert of the season - apples are healthy. I haven't worked a lot with Kaffe, should really challenge myself with that some day. Sad to hear shops closing, but it does make for fun to increase the stash.

    ReplyDelete