Our Community Outreach group, the Scrapbag Quilters were given a pile of "off-cuts" of Christmas fabric. I wasn't certain I could make them work but now that I look at the top assembled I think I succeeded. I cut the base fabric 10" and used a simple red for the centre string. The remainder of the block was sewn in the exact same manner for each block. The pattern develops when you put several blocks together. Because some of the pieces were just a little skimpy towards the edge I used a 1/2" seam through out when assembling. This is an example of putting my scraps to work.
We had the boys here all last week and not much serious sewing was accomplished. I need to get back at that soon. Piecefully, Joanne