Monday, March 18, 2019

Have You Seen Alison Glass' Trinket Sew Along?

This is a small sample of what I am talking about. Alison glass has created a pattern with 40 Foundation Paper Pieced blocks. Last week was the first week for this sew along and each day you make one block and post it. She has a Facebook group as a support network. But better than that she has sponsors. This week one of the sponsors is our own Darla from Clinton Modern Creative (here) a fantastic (if you like fabric) Canadian online fabric store. She is located in Saskatchewan but I feel as though I know her personally her service is next to none.
A few Canadian bloggers are supporting Darla with some blog posts especially this week as she is one of the big sponsors for week two. To get a discount of 15% at check out this week use the code TRINKET15 at check out.

I would like to add a bit about the actual sewing part of the sew along.
These are my actual "tools" for the task. You require a paper pattern. On this piece I have started you can see the fabric is "underneath" the paper. that's right you stitch on the lines you can see but build the design up in fabric on the underside that while you are working you can't see. I use my smaller rotary cutter for trimming and I have both the add a quarter and the add an eighth rulers. I am using the add a quarter for the standard sized blocks in the sew along and the add an eighth for the miniaturized block. 
I will be back with more tomorrow but remember for a discount this week use the code TRINKET15 at checkout from Clinton Modern Creative. Piecefully, Joanne

1 comment: