Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Day 8 Lines 8

Here they are. The blocks are starting to get a little bit more complex but still very manageable. This one has two parts to it. Remember my smaller one is downsized to 2 1/8" from the standard 4 1/2" unfinished.
I leave the paper on until I am joining the block to something else.
And for today's "tip"
Why you might ask does one person need two irons? I NEVER put water in my dry iron. I use a dry iron for all my paper piecing. I have a separate iron for steam and regular stitching. Pressing is one of those areas where quilters primarily agree to disagree. Most are in one camp or another. I might consider myself a fence straddler as I like steam for some purposes and a dry iron for others.

Just a friendly reminder that Darla at Clinton Modern Creative is a Trinkets Sew Along sponsor this week. All week she is offering 15% off at checkout if you use the code TRINKET15. She has some fantastic fabrics in her shop. For me these are fabrics that I cannot purchase locally. You may possibly be able to find them if you live in the city but they are found in semi rural Ontario.

Clinton Modern can be found (here) I should be back tomorrow with Lines #9. Piecefully, Joanne

No comments:

Post a Comment