Saturday, May 13, 2017

Harper Collins Canada, PJ Party

Harper Collins, the publisher, is having a PJ party today. The original premise is that this is a day to stay in your PJ's and read all day. What a great concept, I signed up. Then the landscape starts to shift. So I am dressed, there is a load of wash in the machine, I have a small but absolutely necessary grocery list to buy and then I get to read. This is the book I would really like to finish today. I am about a third of the way through it and it is due back at the library at the end of the week. It is our next Book Club selection. Not a "new" book but a well written 16 year old book. Says a lot about culture and cross culture between India and Canada. Very detailed so not a "quick" read. Our Book Club has two criteria that must be met and the rest is flexible. The book must be available through the local library and it must be available through the CNIB as one of our members is visually impaired. This sometimes takes a newer book off the list. We are currently voting for next year's list. We are going to go for 6 Fiction and 3 Non-fiction titles next year. So this book is going beside my chair in the family room and I will read at it over the day today. Piecefully, Joanne

No comments:

Post a Comment