Sunday, March 15, 2015

Using Scrappy Strips

This is a sample of Strip Cocoon I made as a possible class sample. It is Gudrun Erla's pattern called Strip Cocoon. You can use strips or fat quarters. Around here Jelly Rolls are mighty expensive so I dug into my fat quarter stash for some I thought would go together reasonably well and this is what I can up with. You have to then cut the fat quarters into 2 1/2" strips before doing the necessary subcuts. The only tricky part of this pattern is that it calls for partial seams but it is well illustrated and went together nicely. Now we will have to wait and see if anyone would like this as a class.
Piecefully, Joanne
Linking with Cynthia (http://quiltingismorefunthanhousework.blogspot.com) at Oh Scrap!

6 comments:

  1. I sure like that! The colours and fabrics look terrific together. I get you on the jelly rolls; I made a layer cake quilt using 10" squares from my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purple and green look so good together, especially in this pretty design!
    Kathy T. in Tampa

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very interesting quilt, I have never seen this pattern before. Purple is a fave of mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen that pattern before either! Now I hope to try it! Pretty color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting pattern! The purple and green combination is one of my favorites. I hope you get lots of interest in a class. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty color combo on your quilt. I'm sure it will generate a class with those pretty fabrics.

    ReplyDelete