Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Fun with Felt at Flora's

Yesterday afternoon our Loose Threads group had a relaxing time at Flora's cottage. Someone had given her a huge stack of felt and so we played with felt for a while. I made the little owl and Fran made the Valentine Voodoo doll. Fran found a significant number of felt craft ideas on line and I googled felt crafts for kids. I suspect grandson number one would be able to do simple stitches. He has made me promise to show him how to use my sewing machine this summer. He is coming for a week in July so I think I know what we will be doing some of the time.
We had a potluck supper. Flora told us ahead of time she was making a pot of chili. We really did have pot luck. Two loaves of bread and a lot of fruit.Last year Flora was unable to have us at the cottage as she was not well so it was an extra special treat to be able to be there. We also talked about possible plans for next year. In the past we have done group quilts and I think we laid the ground work for another one for the coming year. Piecefully, Joanne

No comments:

Post a Comment