Sunday, May 19, 2019

Time for the success stories for the Hands2Help Comfort Quilt Challenge 2019

It is really hard to believe it is time to wrap up this year's Hands2Help Comfort Quilt Challenge. The last few months since this year's information was provided have just flown by.

Thanks again to Sarah for all the incredible work she does behind the scenes to make this annual event run smoothly. The featured shape in the weeks of warm up was the humble rectangle. An oft unappreciated shape in the quilting world but one I happen to love. I had the opportunity to be a guest blogger this year and spent my time on the soap box describing my simples bricks quilts and focussing on what I call simple bricks 3 because it is the third variation of the basic design. If you missed my guest post and the instructions for the simple bricks quilt it can be found here.

https://confessionsofafabricaddict.blogspot.com/2019/04/hands2hep-2019-meet-guest-blogger-joanne.html

This is my first completed and donated quilt for this year. It actually changed it's intended destination and went to a charity auction for the Senior's home where my Mom spent her final years. The quilt did well and that makes me happy.

My second finished quilt for the Challenge is one I did as a test for Janet Barker a Canadian designer from Calgary. This one is going to Project Linus through my local quilt guild, the Kincardine Sunset Quilt Guild.

My final donation quilt for the challenge this year is simply titled Ambulance. It is a design done by Lisa at Counted Quilts (here). She has a interesting way of designing that produces a very unique result. This quilt will go to my local Scrap Bag quilters group for distribution in our town.

So overall I am happy with my results this year. Three completions and a couple of different destinations. This is probably the only challenge I do because to me it is so meaningful. If Sarah decides to continue the tradition next year I can say right now "I'm all in". Thanks to all the participants. Piecefully, Joanne

3 comments:

  1. Very nice, and meaningful donations. Great to see all the different destinations these H2H quilts are sent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the ambulance quilt. That would make a fantastic gift for an EMT. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All great quilts. The ambulance is adorable. I love the second one with the pinwheels.

    ReplyDelete