Thursday, February 1, 2018

I have never met a blue I didn't like



As we head into the shortest month of the year we only have 28 days to enjoy our blue blocks this month. For some that will just not be enough. I hope you got a chance to make at least Jen's blocks if not some of the other blocks that the Blog Hop crew is offering. I am on the hop to support and enjoy Jen who is a talented, young hard working individual. And I would like to see her succeed.
Again this month I made one 12" block and one 6" block. They went together quickly and help reinforce the importance of value in a block. Karen Combs was the first designer I heard say "Value does the work and colour gets the credit". So true.
Before you leave your reds behind in a safe place so you can find them in December when it is assembly time, think about cutting one 2 1/2" strip the Width of Fabric. You may want a scrappy binding when all is said and done. Have a great February. We have a couple of birthdays this month as well as a non-birthday. My hubby is now much younger than I am.
And one last important note be certain to visit the other bloggers on the hop. Several of the designers are offering alternative blocks. Dionne's applique bear last month was a delight. Here is the list. 
And of course Jen from PatternsbyJen(here)


Piecefully, Joanne

3 comments:

  1. I love your color choices. It is a lovely block and it was so much fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanne, thank you for your kind words, that was so sweet to read and I'm thankful to have you a part of this journey. I also love your blues and your blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely choice of Blues for Jen's block. Sounds like you are a great friend to Jen.

    ReplyDelete