Sunday, May 25, 2014

Make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold

My class had its 45th reunion last week. Three of the four of us who lived together were able to be there. My oh my what a lot of visiting took place! The organizers for this reunion had it take place at The Waring House in Picton, Ontario. It is a part of Ontario that I have not spent much time in. There are a huge number of things to do and see even in the "off" season. Wine tours, arts tours, cheddar and ale tours, taste tours to name a few. The Waring House also has a cooking school. I will confess I hit the road on Wednesday morning and drove to Belleville to visit Fun with Stitches a fantastic quilt shop. I helped reduce their inventory. After that I rejoined the wine tour people at their fourth stop for a delicious lunch on the patio. It was the first really lovely day for weather most of us had seen for a long time.
My sewing machine decided to misbehave on Friday afternoon. I drove it to the repair shop on Saturday and while it may not be terminal it is definitely ill. So for the next little while I will be spending time trimming scraps and making kits so that when I get my machine back I can get to work again. Piecefully, Joanne

No comments:

Post a Comment