Monday, September 9, 2013

A life well lived but ended far too soon

Our son-in-law passed away very suddenly two weeks ago. He was due to return from his two and a half years working in Virginia the following weekend. Mike was just 37. We have been doing what little we can to help our daughter and the boys during this incredibly challenging time. She has a wonderful group of friends and they have been a blessing. Mike's colleagues in Virginia were shocked too. They packed up what he had left in his apartment and drove his car back to Ontario thus sparing Jennifer a long weekend on the road.
My creative energies have gone into hibernation and I hope they are allowed to wake up soon. The only sewing I have done has been some mindless scrap quilt block components.
I saw a nifty (or at least I thought it was nifty) Quilt Along. It is called the Braille Quilt Along and can be found here. Piecefully, Joanne

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry for your family's loss and offer prayers of hope.

    ReplyDelete