Thursday, March 7, 2013

Testing patterns for other designers

This is a pattern I tested for The Quilt Pattern Magazine (here) . It is available as part of the current issue. My photo is not terrific. I tested a mystery for them that will start in their May issue. It looks great. I have been doing some testing for other designers and it is an interesting process. You make the project following their directions and then provide feed back, identify areas of weakness or typos etc.

Today was a Project Linus sewing day in Kincardine. Proceeds from the quilt raffle at the show last fall have been earmarked for community outreach projects. It was a real treat to sew with new big pieces of fabric instead of assembling many different scraps to make a quilt. Last Wednesday we had a Scrap Bag Quilters meeting. I had my top assembled before it was time to go home. I am blaming my table mate for that. She was absent so I had no distractions.

The Grandsons have both been ill and fortunately Grandpa has been able to go and do a day or two of babysitting here and there. Hopefully if we get some nice warm weather everyone will start to feel better.  Piecefully, Joanne

No comments:

Post a Comment