Friday, December 30, 2011

So many bandwagons, so little time

As the year continues to wind down many of the more prolific bloggers are posting details of Quilt Alongs or Programs for the coming year. I hope to include some of these ideas in my own work for 2012. Marge at Delaware Quilts is having a Year of Giving. Each month she will feature a quilt idea and you make one or more from the idea and donate it locally to a group of your choice. Lyn Brown at http://lynbrown.com/ shares many quilt ideas. One thing she has indicated she is doing this year is a year of doll quilts. The first was posted mid-December and was called Time Flies. Our Scrapbag group was short of doll quilts at the end of the year this year so I am going to follow Lyn and make some doll quilts. The Rainbow Scrap Challenge returns with some new wrinkles. Whatever your plans for the new year I hope they come with a hearty dash of good health and the stamina needed to see your goals to completion. Joanne

2 comments:

  1. I like the sound of those giving programs. I'll have to look into them. What does your scrapbag group do with doll quilts? Good luck with your reading challenge in 2012! They can be lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You asked: Can you tell me which issue of quiltmaker it is in? (Bonnie's Jack in the Box block)

    You have "No Reply" selected when you comment on my blog, so I was not able to reply via email.

    Sorry Joanne---I'll have to get back to you. The mag is downstairs right now...
    Motivation strikes me from all corners of the world; I am thankful you shared your motivational moment with me :0)
    -Amy

    ReplyDelete