Friday, February 18, 2011

Finally a finish for February


The first part of this month very little was accomplished in the sewing room. We babysat the grandson's for a week and then needed another week to "recover" and catch up on what had not been done the previous week.
This quilt is the same quilt design that I made for my sister (the blue and yellow quilt) but for this one I used the last of some pink scraps and cut the bricks 1 1/2" by 2 1/2". The setting is 8 blocks by 11 blocks. I will be donating it to my Scrap Bag group.
I took another quilt to a baby shower yesterday and was a little overwhelmed when the new Mom started to cry when she saw it. She did not have any quilts for her very sweet little guy. The quilt was a Mystery one that I made very scrappy and it turned out to the the Jewel Box pattern.
I have finished the quilting and the binding for the red Heartstrings quilt from late Janaury. And two more quilts are being quilted or need binding. It feels good to have a finish or two. Joanne

4 comments:

  1. Your pink quilt is lovely. That would look fabulous on the bed in a little girl's room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another nice quilt Joanne. The setting for the photo is really nice too, looks almost tropical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one beautiful quilt. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pink quilt looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete