Thursday, January 6, 2011

Waste not, want not or how I learned to love bonus triangles

This small doll quilt is for my Scrap Bag Quilters group. We give doll quilts to the toy drive at Christmas. This one is made from the "waste" or "bonus" triangles from a quilt I made last year. Each HST is 1 1/4" finished. I sometimes get a little obsessed with using up bits.
With regard to progress on my other challenges for this year I have completed 8 quilts in the 50 quilts from stash challenge. I have pulled my blue scraps out to look at them and make a decision about what to make and I found UFO #6. It was started the month before I was diagnosed with cancer three years ago. So going back to try to finish it is a little tough. But I have the perfect place to hang it if I can get it done.

1 comment:

  1. I am completely unable to throw away even the tiniest bits as well. I love your tiny HST quilt. What fun colors!

    ReplyDelete